Fresno peppers and ginger beer add a zingy spice. The ruby red color is derived from a beet infused sake.
Note: To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Simple syrup will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For the Beet-Infused Sake:
1 pound beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 (750 milliliter bottle) dry sake
For the punch:
- 30 thin slices fresno chili
- 20 ounces beet infused sake
- 5 ounces simple syrup (see note above)
- 10 ounces fresh lime juice from 15 to 20 limes
- 5 ounces Harvey's Orange Aperitif Sherry
- 10 ounces ginger beer
- To make the beet infused sake, combine cubed beets and sake and let sit for 1 hour. Strain and store in a sealed container.
- To make the punch, muddle the chili in a pitcher and add the beet infused sake, simple syrup, lime juice, and sherry. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 4 hours.
- To serve, combine the punch base with ginger beer in an ice filled pitcher or punch bowl. Serve in ice-filled glasses.