peppers and ginger beer add a zingy spice. The ruby red color is derived from a
beet infused sake.Note: To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup
water with 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Simple syrup will keep
in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For the Beet-Infused
For the punch:
- 1 pound beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (750 milliliter bottle) dry sake
- 30 thin slices fresno chili
- 20 ounces beet infused sake
- 5 ounces simple syrup (see note above)
- 10 ounces fresh lime juice from 15 to 20 limes
- 5 ounces Harvey's Orange Aperitif Sherry
- To make
the beet infused sake, combine cubed beets and sake and let sit for 1 hour.
Strain and store in a sealed container.
- To make
the punch, muddle the chili in a pitcher and add the beet infused sake, simple
syrup, lime juice, and sherry. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 4 hours.
serve, combine the punch base with ginger beer in an ice filled pitcher or
punch bowl. Serve in ice-filled glasses.
Labels: BOTTOMS UP