This rum cocktail gets extra gingery from the muddled fresh ginger root and ginger liqueur.
- 1/2 inch thick slice of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 ounce rum such as Treaty Oak
- 1 ounce Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Ginger ale
- Garnish: lime slice
- Muddle the ginger root in a cocktail shaker. Add rum, ginger liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup to cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a pint glass filled with ice and top with ginger ale. Garnish with a lime slice and serve with a straw.