Checkout Alphonse Unlimited my clothing line at "Pure & Simple" Fashion Show this Fall in Boston.
Alphonse Unlimited at Boston Fashion Week
Thursday, November 3, 2011
See more great recipes in my new book Alphonse’s Outdoor Entertaining
These are a very welcome change from regular pancakes. Great with for holiday guests with maple syrup or cranberry sauce.
- 3/4 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Place sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan of boiling water, and cook until tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, and immediately immerse in cold water to loosen skins. Drain; remove skins, chop, and mash.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk and butter in a separate medium bowl. Blend sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture to form a batter.
3. Preheat a lightly greased griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter mixture onto the prepared griddle by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook until golden brown, turning once with a spatula when the surface begins to bubble.
Labels: FOOD + DRINK