An easy, creamy, tasty soup to warm you from the inside out.
• 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
• 1/3 cup diced celery
• 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
• 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
• 3 1/4 cups chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
• 5 tablespoons butter
• 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 cups milk
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a sockpot combine the potatoes, celery, onion, carrots, ham and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the stockpot while stiring, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.