Hearty & filling! You can have this for breakfast or even dinner, who says eggs, is only for breakfast? This recipe is totally delicious and very easy to make, and potatoes take a little while to cook but if you don’t have the time to boil then just cook them in the microwave.
- 2 pounds potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded American cheese
- 8 eggs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, 12 to 15 minutes; drain.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Cut into small chunks; set aside.
- Place potatoes into skillet, and cook on medium heat until browned. Flip potatoes occasionally to prevent sticking. Stir in green pepper, red pepper, and onion. Cook until vegetables are tender. Stir in cooked bacon, and season with salt and pepper. Cover with shredded cheese, and turn mixture until cheese is melted. Keep on low heat while cooking eggs.
- Cook eggs to your preferred style. Place potatoes in a large serving dish, and top with eggs.
Labels: BREAKFAST, MORNING MEALS