This is a great healthy alternative to beef chilli.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 15oz cans of kidney beans (drained)
1. In a Heavy saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute about 8 minutes or until onions are translucent.
2. Add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink, breaking up meat with a spatula as it cooks.
3. Add taco seasoning, basil, and thyme. Stir 3 minutes.
4. Mix in the tomato sauce, chicken broth and tomato paste. Simmer until thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, about 1 and half hours.Mix in beans. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.