This salad is fit for a party on the patio with whatever is on the barbecue or by itself for a filling lunch. The salad can also be presented in a number of ways: the salad mixture can be mounded onto butter lettuce leaves, mixed with baby greens, or for an especially rich treat, inside an avocado half.
- 4 cups Gourmet salad greens
- 1 Mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 small Avocado, peeled and sliced
- cup Chopped tomato
- cup Fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- teaspoon Ground coriander
- teaspoon Salt
- teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Chopped dry-roasted cashews
- Place 1 cup salad greens on each of 4 individual plates; divide mango and avocado evenly among salads.
- Combine tomato and next 9 ingredients (tomato through pepper) in a bowl; stir well.
- Drizzle about 3 tablespoons dressing over each salad, and top each with 1-1/2 teaspoons cashews.
Get more recipes in my latest cookbook Martine Alphonse's OutdoorEntertaining