Whether you've almost convinced yourself that he's The One, or you're having second thoughts, when you're in a new relationship that doesn't feel quite right, it's time to look for red flags that you're having a fling, not a forever thing.
Here are a few not-so-great signs:
- You only hang out on weeknights and he disappears off the radar Friday through Sunday.
- It's been more than six weeks, and you haven't met one friend of his, though he has met yours.
- Your dinner dates have turned into just movies at his place or late-night drinks.
- You go days or even a week without hearing from each other in between dates.
- Your dates are really boring. There's not much to talk about, but he looks really hot.
- You find yourself not really missing him or thinking that much about him until you hear from him next.
- You think he's perfect right now to get you over your ex. (Think: rebound!)
The skills it takes to build a long-term relationship — communication, conflict resolution, empathy.